Thursday 23 January 2014

A colourful patchwork blanket

A square a day for the past twenty days. Bobble stitch, cross stitch, ribbing.

 
Ok. Sometimes more than one square a day. These little devils are ADDICTIVE.


 
 
I like to pile them up in colour or stitch order. And rub my fingers over the delightfully tactile bobble stitch squares.

 
 
They are eventually going to be turned into a patchwork blanket. Initially for a friend, but I can't help falling in love with it. No timescales, just soothing crochet. One a day. At least.

 
 
It's going to look fab draped over the back of my her sofa. Or on the end of my her bed.
 
Do you have a hard time giving your makes away? 

2 comments:

  1. I've seen a few people doing a square a day blanket and I think it's such a nice idea. You've done so many already! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Each square only takes half an hour or so, they're perfect to keep your fingers busy whilst watching TV :-) x

      Delete